* Extensive knowledge of storage, server, and blade technology, processes, industry expertise, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on the value of storage infrastructure and management.
* Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Storage and Virtualization solution opportunities.
* Perform complex analysis of storage, backup, and DR environments under limited supervision.
* Exercises initiative in architecture enterprise data storage designs, programming, and modifications of backup storage applications programs for small, mid-size, and large environments; using a variety of different operating systems (UNIX, Windows, Linux, etc).
* Determines the impact of changes in systems and applications upon the enterprise data storage architecture, and makes recommendations to support release planning and implementation for applications developers and systems administrators.
* Leads systems administrators in their consideration of the impact of changes in configurations upon enterprise data storage requirements.
* Creates Statements of Work and documentation for Backup, Recovery, and Storage environments. * For the enterprise data storage backup environment, it supports the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation. * Perform product evaluations and comparative deep-dive analysis, and make recommendations to customers for the best of breed product and offerings.
* Lead and monitor all customer implementation deliverables including installation, configuration, and testing of data storage backup components.
* Design and implement backup de-duplication and recovery plans.
* Design and implement health check operations for storage and backup environments.
* Resolve and troubleshoot technical issues on data storage and backups.
* Author, review, and update documentation of procedures and methods as needed.
* Provide engineering leadership in the design and implementation of backup strategies and technologies.
* For the data storage backup environment provide written deliverables for action plans, long-term strategies, migration plans, best-practice recommendations, capacity planning.
* Good understanding of Virtualization technologies such as VMware and its integration with Storage.
* Good understanding of EMC Storage Management products and offerings.
* Plan the implementation of recovery of systems and services and participate in scheduled disaster recovery exercises.”
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria