PURPOSE OF ROLE Delivering high-quality technical service, promote LPâ€™ values in technology and provide effective services to the Business Key Dimensions of the Role Department/function Global Infrastructure Services Direct Reports Offshore HCL Team Reporting Manager Service Delivery Manager / Operations Manager
– Design, Install & Manage Virtual Server Farm using VMWare Technologies
– Administer VSphere 5.x & 6.0, VCOPS, VCAC Technologies.
– Sound knowledge on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012
– Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, File and Print, DFS,
– Worked on Production systems
– Datacenter understanding
– Experience with Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
– Understanding of Database – Scripting knowledge such as VB Scripts, KIX, etc will be an added advantage
– Knowledge of Data Guard / Gateways
– Storage Management Techniques
– Experience on Sun / Veritas / Microsoft Cluster.
– Vendor Management. – Troubleshooting technical issues
– Defining processes and ensuring that the processes are adhered to
– Oversees and is responsible for successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
– Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
– Responsible for building/maintaining a test environment
– Improves and maintains customer and employee satisfaction
– Suggests new technologies and design changes.
– Should have good expertise on installation and administration of Microsoft Windows/Linux platforms
– Should have skills on VMWare Vcenter, Vmotion, VMWare ESX Server
– Good to have Skills on other Microsoft products like Microsoft Exchange, ISA, SMS, etc is desirable.
– Should have experience/knowledge on SAN storage devices
– Experience on migration is an added advantage
– Good Proficiency in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
– Capacity planning and Fine-tune system for optimal performance
– Onsite SME will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for both the offshore as well as the LP SME for their specific technical tracks.
– He/She should be able to manage LP stakeholders’ expectations, be it technical, process, or soft skills aspect.
– Work on CIP (Continuous Improvement Plans) for their respective tracks along with the offshore team members.
– Manage Critical Incidents when they arise and provide solutions to restore the services as per the SLAs.
– Prepare RCAs with action plans to ensure the permanent fix is implemented to the impacted systems.
– Lead weekly LP Weekly Track Meetings along with offshore team members.
– Actively participate in architectural design sessions and discussions during the design stage and provide necessary feedback to the customer and keep the offshore team informed about the upcoming changes.
– Coordinate with offshore PM in preparing milestones and overall project plans when required.
– 9-12 years of relevant IT experience
– MCTS/MCITP/MCSA/MCSE required.
– VCP or relevant certification.
– Good to have ITIL foundation certified certification.
– Should have worked on Production systems
– Working Knowledge on any ticketing tools
– Should be familiar with ITIL processes Soft Skills
– Excellent communication skills ( written & verbal)
– Good Documentation Skills
– Good Presentation Skills
– Team Work
– Ability to derive a project plan
– Strong leadership skills and Excellent organizational
– Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria