ScienIT : Nurturing Innovation from the get-go because your ideas matter
ScienIT, powered by HCL Technologies, is a collaborative program that encourages bright minds of today to seek solutions that matter. Through ScienIT, we urge participants to dive deep into their own minds to ask questions that matter to the communities they live in, to envisage sustainable steps for a better tomorrow.
HCL Technologies is invested in providing programs and platforms that encourage youth to take on leadership opportunities that contribute to the greater ecosystem. We believe that ScienIT will unleash the potential of many aspiring thinkers and leaders among the youth of Sri Lanka today. At HCL, we believe in ideas. We nurture an Ideapreneurship culture in our organization. That is the essence of ScienIT.
A prestigious annual competition, powered by HCL Technologies, where students are encouraged to present solutions based on innovation and IT with a chance to win upto LKR 1 million.
Holistic platform for students to have enlightening discussions with teachers, subject matter experts, sustainability enthusiasts.
Our Innovation Competition aims to attract, identify and nurture ideas from bright students across Sri Lanka. We have great news! Your ideas do not end on paper! The best ideas from students will be selected, nurtured and seed-funded by HCL Technologies from ideation to execution.
HCL Technologies will invite colleges across Sri Lanka to register their students online to submit their ideas. Each of the ideas submitted will be evaluated based on the following key criteria:
• Originality – How original is your idea? If your idea is inspired by a pre-existing application, please specify how your idea enhances the current application.
• Innovation – How does your idea nurture innovation?
• Application of technology – How tech-focused is your idea? How is technology practically applied here?
• Impact – What is the immediate impact of the solution you propose? How many people stand to benefit from this implementation?
• Sustainability – Does your solution focus on sustainability in terms of the environment as well as long-term dissemination?
1) Any undergraduate ICT student from any university in Sri Lanka.
2) Participating teams must have 2-4 students.
3) Participants from one team should not be a part of any other team.
4) All entries must be in English.
The best two teams will be awarded:
1. The winning team will receive 600000 LKR and will be invited to join a dedicated webinar as panelists. The team members will be offered internships at HCL Sri Lanka. Moreover, the winning entry will be published on our website.
2. The runner up team will receive LKR 400000 and the members will get internship opportunities at HCL Sri Lanka.
Last date for submission of applications and entries
Announcement of winners and felicitation
Assessment and evaluation of submitted entries
Besides an annual Innovation Competition, a monthly discussion forum is also organized for regular exchange of thoughts, ideas and deliberations on the latest in science and technology. These monthly discussion forums are an ideal opportunity for mentoring, networking and collaboration between students, academicians and industry veterans.
For more information on the ScienIT program including our Innovation Competition and Monthly Discussion Forums, please fill out the registration form.