– Lead and participate in design review sessions for IIS.
– Assist in the mentoring and coaching of IIS team members.
– Troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to environment-related issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment.
– Actively monitor the IIS hosting environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize operating expenses.
– Responsible for coordinating projects as a technical lead, providing design and implementation standards to team members.
– Provide technical leadership to outsourced the global development team thru project leadership and technical documentation and outage management.
– Establish and maintain operational metrics that align with customer experience.
– Drive efficiencies through automation and operational excellence.
– Ability to create Orchestration Runbook jobs in System Center Orchestrator.
– High level of technical depth in scripting disciplines including Powershell
– Demonstrate a strong sense of internal customer satisfaction as a top priority.
– Provide on-going communication of the status of projects and implementation.
– Create a positive, supportive, and team-focused working environment.
– Play a proactive role in developing and applying Best in Class approaches/practices to our operational readiness.
– Partner with the Solution Architecture / Delivery team to establish sound handoffs and detailed documentation standards before new builds are accepted into the production environment.
– Troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to database issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment.
– Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to establish platform standards and best practices.
– Provide input towards the direction of future technology for web environments and .NET technologies
Qualifications / Requirements: These are must-haves! If included in this section, every candidate MUST meet each of these requirements in order to be considered: no exceptions.
– B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or other technical disciplines.
– 7+ years of technical experience in IIS 5,6,7,8 Production environments
– Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
– Available 24/7/365
– Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff members and support and manage projects in multiple locations across the United States and Internationally.
– Champion organizational changes and creates an environment where people willingly participate in initiatives, programs, and NBC Universal community.
– Self-starter that demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision.
– Promote an organizational climate that energizes, motivates, and facilitates teamwork; encourages responsible risk-taking.
– Proven ability to identify and remove large obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
– Ability to grow and mentor new and existing staff members to be productive technology leaders.
– Proven project management and customer service skills; demonstrated planning and organization skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communications; effective interpersonal skills; strong formal presentation abilities.
– Experience with System Center Operations Manager is desired but not a must.
– 7+ years of IIS Web Administration experience (Versions: 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, and 5.0)
– 7+ years working in different Windows Enterprise Server version (Windows 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005, 2003)
– 5+ years of Web Architect experience hosting IIS-based solutions.
– 5+ years of experience in setting up VB, ASP, NET2.0, 3.5 applications.
– Minimum 2 years of PowerShell and/or VBScript. – 1+ year of development experience desired but not required.
– 1 +year of working knowledge in a cloud computing environment is desired but not a must.
– Performance tuning of web servers, applications”
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria